John Godber Centre

Click here for our website

Click here for our Facebook page

Follow us on twitter

The John Godber Centre is a thriving community venue at the heart of Hucknall town centre offering several rooms for hire suitable for community groups, business groups, conferences, exhibitions, wedding receptions, anniversary, birthday parties and special occasions.

The Centre is named after The Rev Canon John Godber MA who wished to build a new Church Hall to accommodate the Sunday Schools, Boys Brigade and the Band of Hope which were housed in the Public Hall. Canon Godber promised to give £100 for every £50 raised by the people of Hucknall. His Grace, The Duke of Portland very kindly offered a piece of land for the building. It stretched between Ogle Street and West Street 100 feet wide.

The opening ceremony was conducted on the 16th November 1906. Sadly Canon Godber did not live to see his dream fulfilled, he passed away on Sunday 22nd July 1906. The building today is still a glorious tribute to the foresight and tenacity of the Rev Canon John Godber MA, a Centre which continues to provide for the benefit of all the community, rooms for all occasions and events. The John Godber Centre has something to offer every age group in the community, whether your interest is sport, drama, dancing, flower arranging, children's activities there is something for all.

Management of the Centre - The John Godber Centre is owned by St Mary Magdalene Church and governed by a Trust Board with a team of 9 staff employed to manage the day to day running of the Centre.

 

John Godber Centre

Ogle Street

Hucknall

Nottingham

NG15 7HL

 

Tel: 0115 963 9633

 

Opening hours:

The building is open 7 days a week from 8am throughout the year (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)

 

Email: godbercentre -at- btconnect -dot- com